BOOK AN APPOINTMENT WITH AN ORIGIN VETFOR THE MOMENT YOU CANNOT BOOK ONLINE SO PLEASE ACCEPT OUR APOLOGIES FOR THIS. FOR AN EMERGENCY APPOINTMENT CALL US ON : 0333 800 9828 ALTERNATIVELY YOU CAN BOOK A VIDEO-LINK APPOINTMENT WITH ONE OF OUR VETS OR OUR VETERINARY NURSE. FOLLOW THE LINK BELOW :
In view of the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, and in line with government and the RCVS guidelines, Origin Vets will not be holding routine clinics.
Changes to our service at present are:
- We are able to offer emergency consultations only at some of our usual clinics.
- Our clinic at Maes Glas Vets, Brackla has been moved to their Cowbridge Surgery. If you are booked in to Maes Glas you will need to travel to be seen there. The address is : The Old Barn, Llwynhelig, Cowbridge CF71 7FF. A big thanks to Maes Glas vets for allowing us to do this rather than close our clinic there.
- We are now able to offer video-link appointments via Skype or Zoom. Check this out here
We will keep you informed via our website and Facebook page as the situation develops and changes.
Origin Vets statement on Covid 19 (Coronavirus)
The spread of the coronavirus Covid 19 has caused an unprecedented situation within the UK.
At Origin Vets we understand that we have a professional obligation to our clients and your animals. We also have obligations to our families, friends and work colleagues and in the present climate, to the national interest too.
The UK government have brought in new measures to reduce the spread of the virus, and these measures will have an impact on our service to our clients, as well as our clients themselves. We are mindful of these. In addition all of the veterinary surgeries where we hold our routine clinics have developed protocols designed to reduce the risk of Covid19 spread and as a vets ourselves we must include these in our preparations. Therefore much of the below is designed to protect our vets, nurses and our colleagues in the practices.
- We ask that anyone who is or has been asked to self-isolate does not attend our clinics. This also applies to those in close contact.
- If you have any of the following symptoms: high temperature (fever), dry cough, breathing problems, then please does not attend our clinics. If you do then you may be asked to leave the clinic.
- Our clinics may be structured differently than normal, with less cases being seen and in different rooms depending upon what the partner clinic has decided is appropriate for their circumstances.
- After registering at reception you will be asked to wait outside in your car if possible until asked to come in.
- Only one person to be allowed into the consultation room with the animal.
- The number of clinics that we run may be reduced, and we may not be present at certain clinics until it is felt safe to do so.
- Your preferred vet may not be available.
- Surgeries and appointments may be cancelled at short notice. We will endeavour to contact you in either of these events.
- Telephone and Skype consultations may be available during this period at prearranged times; we will confirm when these are available.
- We will be relying upon our partner surgeries to dispense prescription medications for animals under our care. This will however be at the discretion of the individual surgery as whether they fulfil this.
- We will try to deal with emergencies where we can, but it may be that such cases may have to be taken to your nearest vets where decisions can be made, in consultation with us, on the best interests of the animal.
These are testing times for everyone but we will do our best to provide the best care that we can for your animal.
The Origin Vets Team
Welcome to Origin Vets
Origin Vets was conceived as a veterinary service with a difference. Exotic pets, rabbits, birds, zoological collections, wildlife and fisheries all come under our care. Origin Vets is run by Dr. Lance Jepson MA VetMB CBiol MRSB MRCVS, Dr. Sophie Jenkins BVetMed PgC EAS MRCVS and Dr. Tom Bailey BSc, BVSc, MRCVS, CertZooMed, MSc, PhD, Dip ECZM, RCVS Specialist in Zoo and Wildlife Medicine, who collectively have a very wide experience with a huge range of species – from invertebrates to megafauna. In other words from rhinoceros beetles to rhinos – Origin Vets can deal with them all.
At Origin Vets we treat and advise exclusively on non-domestic species. So whatever is your passion, we take your animals seriously. We’re not your standard dog and cat vets. All of our CPD (Continuing Professional Development) is focused on your animals – be that pythons, ferrets, tarantulas or elephants – so we can help them better and give you the service that you want for your animal.
Origin Vets is independant too; Origin Vets is not owned by the veterinary corporate companies like so many practices are, although we do work together with some forward thinking corporate-owned (as well as privately owned) practices to give you a local-based access to experienced exotics’ vets.
Origin Vets are active within the zoo and exotic vet community with memberships of the British Veterinary Zoological Society, Association of Avian Veterinarians, Association of Reptile and Amphibian Veterinarians and the European Association of Zoo and Wildlife Veterinarians. We are also a Chicken Vet associated practice.
Origin Vets is based in (but not restricted to!) south Wales and we are available routinely at our partner surgeries (see Where to find us)
Contacting Origin Vets
Appointments: If you wish your animal to be seen by Origin Vets, in the first instance please telephone our dedicated appointment and messaging service on:
0333 800 9828
Between the hours of 8.30a.m. to 6.00p.m. Monday -Friday, plus Saturdays 9.00a.m.- 4.00p.m. our personal assistants will be able to book you into the earliest and nearest of our partner clinics with one of our vets.
Online Booking. You can now book an appointment online.
Advce Calls. At present we only offer an advice service to our existing clients. If you are not registered with Origin Vets we will always recommend that your animal is booked in for an appointment. We will not advise on husbandry or clinical cases for animals that we have not seen ourselves. This applies to the prescribing or supply of medicines for such cases too. Please see our notes on Consultations and Referrals and Second Opinions on our Terms of Trade page
Local Authorities, Commercial clients, Educational Establishments and similar: please call the above number in the first instance with an indication of what you are wanting and we will return your call. Also check out our page for Zoos and Commercial clients.
Emergencies: If are an existing client and you have a genuine emergency outside of the times stated please leave a message on the above number 0333 800 9828 and we will get back to you as soon as we are able. More information is available in our section Out of Hours and Bank Holidays on our Terms of Trade page.